How to be prepared for Omicron: the new COVID variant
On 26 November 2021, WHO designated a new COVID variant as the variant of concern, named Omicron. This decision was based on the evidence that Omicron has several mutations that may have an impact on how it behaves, for example, on how easily it spreads or the severity of illness it causes. So, today we have Dr. Rakesh Garg with us to learn more about this new COVID variant and how we can be prepared to keep ourselves safe.
Good morning doctor, thanks for joining us today. So, we have a few questions that will help our listeners to better prepare for Omicron.
1.What is Omicron? How is it different from other COVID variants?
2.Why do viruses mutate?
3.Is this variant more dangerous than other existing variants?
3. Are you safe if you have had the covid infection in the past?
4. Does having the vaccine give you any protection against this variant?
5. What should be the COVID appropriate behaviour? Should we travel or meet in big groups?
6. Which health conditions increase our risk of getting severely ill with COVID?
7. What health behaviours should older people adopt to stay safe from COVID?
8. How can REAN HealthGuru bot help us in assessing our risk score and staying safe during COVID?